- Congrats to Joshua Santiana, Dr. Binglin Sui, and senior undergraduate researcher Nicole Gomez on their recently published paper, Programmable Peptide-Crosslinked Nucleic Acid Nanocapsules as a Modular Platform for Enzyme Specific Cargo Release, published in Bioconjugate Chemistry!
- Saketh, Alyssa and Josh all gave great posters at the 2017 Nanomedicine Drug Delivery Symposium (NanoDDS2017) at the University of Michigan this September in Ann Arbor.
- Saketh Gudipati and Josh Santiana presented their work on new enzyme-mediated assembly of ligands on nanoparticle surfaces at the 254th ACS National Meeting in Washington D. C.
- Undergraduate Researcher Nicole Gomez presented her work this summer on peptide crosslinked nucleic acid nanocapsules at the joint REU/Summer Chemistry Fellowship Symposium.
- The group welcomes two ACS SEED High School Scholars, Zaret Rodriguez (left) and Maiena Kheyabani and (right) with Alyssa Hartmann their summer research mentor.
- Dr. Joseph Awino, former postdoc from the group accepted a position as Chemistry Lecturer at Iowa State University – Congrats Joseph!
- The group says good bye to Jamie, our Glastonbury High School researcher who will be going off to the University of Pittsburgh this Fall.
- The Lab hosted UConn’s Early College Experience (ECE) training workshop for High School Chemistry Teachers in Connecticut on May 12th 2017. The workshop titled “Integrating lessons in bionanotechnology research with lessons in teaching: A workshop for high school chemistry teachers” gave high school teachers hands on experience in the research the lab does using biomaterials at the nanoscale.
- Pictured above, Alyssa Hartmann working with teachers on separating nanomaterials using gel electrophoresis.
- Congrats to Saketh, Alyssa, Josh, Dom, Nicole and Joseph on their paper Nucleic Acid Nanocapsules for Enzyme-Triggered Drug Release in the Journal of the American Chemical Society.
- Great discussions of undergraduate research were had Connecticut Valley Section of the ACS Undergraduate Symposium. Also, UConn Researchers joined Trinity College Scientists in standing up for Science on Earth Day.
At the meeting Emily Saccuzzo from our group presented her work on aptamer-NPs.
- Congrats to undergraduate researcher Emily Saccuzzo for winning a Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) from UCONN to conduct her research in the group this summer!
- Congratulations also to undergraduate researcher Nicole Gomez for receiving a Summer Research Fellowship from the Chemistry Department to conduct her research this summer!
- The group welcomes new freshman undergraduate researchers Halle Barber and Kris Channa to the group. Welcome Halle and Kris!
- The group celebrated a great semester with a competitive game of bowling.
- The group is excited to welcome Dominic Cairns-Gibson from the University of Edinburgh. He will spending a year in the group as an exchange student doing research. Welcome Dom!
- Joseph and David’s recent work on NP-templated lipid bilayer formation was recently accepted for publication in Nanoscale – congrats!
- The group welcomes Dr. Binglin Sui as a postdoctoral researcher to the Lab!
- We recently traveled to Bethany Community School in CT to share the potential of DNA and nanoscience with elementary school students in their innovative GEMS program (pictures).
- Congrats Saketh Gudipati for being selected as the graduate student speaker for the UCONN American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) Symposium!
Saketh Gudipati and Josh Santiana at AAPS local meeting.
- Congrats to Nicole Gomez who has been selected for an undergraduate summer research fellowship from the UConn chemistry department !
- The group had fun participating in the Center for Talented Youth family series on Chemical Approaches to Nanomaterials (pictures).
- The group welcomes UCONN Chemistry sophomore Nicole Gomez to the group!
- The group welcomes our first undergraduate researcher, Emily Saccuzzo!
- The group welcomes new graduate students to the group: Saketh Gudipati, Alyssa Hartmann, David Loe and Josh Santiana!
- The group welcomes Dr. Joseph Awino as a new Postdoctoral Researcher to the group.